- The outer skin and the white skin (albedo) are removedand crushed
- Fermented in its own juice with a mother ferment
- Fermentation time at least 30 months
- After fermenting, chocolates are formed
- Packaging under protective atmosphere
Above all, the high vitamin C content is to be emphasized:
Per 100 grams a shaddock contains about 41 milligrams of vitamin C.
In addition, it has large amounts of calcium, potassium, magnesium and phosphate.
100 g pomelo only have between 25 and 50 kcal.
Also positive is the high proportion of bitters which stimulates the intestinal activity.
According to TCM, the fruit is neutral – neither cooling nor warming
The versatility of shaddock
In the Asian culture, the Pomelo is known not only in TCM but also in the kitchen. You cook them and then rinse them in the drain. There it dissolves fats and other residues. It ensures a clean drain.